Welcome to KIDS’ site :)
What is KIDS?
KIDS are a group of people who are interested in making a change for better disaster prevention information. KIDS’ goal is to spread the knowledge of natural disaster and its prevention to lots of people, especially children. The teaching methods are through fun and easy to learn material such as drama, story-telling, coloring, etc. Through these activities, hopefully the children will understand about disaster, how to prevent, and to minimize the impact of disaster.
The details of report in each activity are available.
- Year 2005
- Disaster prevention education activities in Banda Aceh, Indonesia (9/11～16)
- Meeting and exhibition at Waseda University science and engineering (11/5)
- Open House in November Festival of Kyoto University (11/23～26)
- Disaster prevention education activities in Hagiyama elementary school, Seto, Aichi Prefecture (12/12)
- Year 2006
- Earthquake Disaster Memorial Meeting in Maiko high school, Hyogo (1/17)
- Disaster prevention education activities in Otowagawa Elementary School, Kyoto (2/28)
- Disaster prevention education activities in Kusunoki Elementary School, Nagoya (6/26)
- Disaster prevention education activities in Yogyakarta and Banda Aceh, Indonesia (9/12～19)
- Disaster Prevention Education Festival sponsored by the Institution of Civil Engineers (9/23)
- Educational activities in Disaster Prevention Center, Kyoto University (11/18)
- Year 2007
- Introduction of disaster prevention education classes in Tenri University, Nara (5/19)
- Visit JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency), Hyogo (5/27)
- Disaster Prevention Education Training Council in Wajima, Ishikawa (8/17～20)
- Disaster prevention education activities in Yogyakarta and Banda Aceh, Indonesia (8/31～9/7)
- Activities report on Lab Department meeting about the earthquake disaster in Indonesia (Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Kyoto University) (10/3)