The area with more water is kind of bog like. And there are quite a lot of shallow crossings over the water so it's possible to roam quite freely.
Other animals on Redfeather Falls will be whitetail, blacktail and elk. When the moose is later released it will also be added to this area.
There is no lure for the black bear, our intention is to introduce bear baiting (which will work with our overall "persistent world" feature that also allows e.g. the tree stand to be left mounted and it will still be there next time you play).
Crossbow is not part of this update, it'll come later.
We've had several very experienced real life bear hunters giving feedback on the bear in several iterations so we believe it is pretty good. But with that I'm not saying it's perfect and that there still might be things to improve. It's also a little bit different in seeing a snapshot and actually seeing it in motion.
Including the normal one there's five variations in total. I think the common black is 70% probability, so there's 30% of getting something else. However, some variations are very rare (like a piebald deer) while some others are pretty common.
|.30-06 Bullets||.30-06 Nosler Partition||.308" Nosler Partition 180 Gr. Spitzer bullet mounted on a .30-06 Springfield NoslerCustom brass.|
|.44 Rem Mag Bullet||.44 Nosler Sporting Handgun||.429” Nosler Sporting Revolver Handgun 300 Gr. JHP bullet mounted on a .44 Remington Magnum brass.|
|.270 Winchester Ammo||.270 Nosler Ballistic Tip||.277" Nosler Ballistic Tip 130 Gr. Spitzer bullet mounted on a .270 Winchester NoslerCustom brass.|
|.300 Win Mag Bullet||.300 Nosler AccuBond||.308" Nosler AccuBond 200 Gr. Spitzer bullet mounted on a .300 Winchester Magnum NoslerCustom brass.|
|.357 Mag Bullet||.357 Nosler Sporting Handgun||.357” Nosler Sporting Revolver Handgun 158 Gr. JHP bullet mounted on a .357 Remington Magnum brass.|
|.243 Win Bullet||.243 Nosler Ballistic Tip||.243” Nosler Ballistic Tip 90 Gr. Spitzer bullet mounted on a .243 Winchester NoslerCustom brass.|
- Basic tutorials added
- Treestand camo increased
- Markers indicating off-screen position now correctly positioned on the HunterMate
- HunterMate buttons have received a small visual upgrade
- Coyotes somewhat less likely to smell you
The new Tutorials tab on the Go Hunting page will follow shortly.
Patch size: 18.9 MB
An update to the launcher application was just released today.The update will automatically be downloaded next time you start the game and the launcher will be restarted using the new version.
The update contains a number of minor fixes (like that it in some cases did not open as the front most window) and some shortcuts in the Help menu to make it easier to locate logs files when in contact with support.
- The tree stand slot was locked in the inventory if you retired when in a tree stand.
- There is indeed an issue with the antler spawning resulting in some antlers being too rare and in some cases not spawned at all. This will most notable fix the lack of high scoring elks.
Here's the changelog:
- Tree Stand available in Doc's Outfitters!
- HunterMate full screen map show player and cursor GPS coordinates
- GPS waypoint may now also be set by clicking the HunterMate full screen map (in addition to using the Rangefinder)
- Added sign posts and updated sign boards at lodges
- Antlers on animals are now randomly assigned
- Antler distribution ensures that 25% of all animals have the 25% highest scoring antlers, 25% have the lowest and the rest those in between (average scoring antlers).
- There is now the same probability of high scoring antlers in all areas
- Significantly more antler models now available
- Blacktail scores are now within a more realistic range
- Added "large item" slot to inventory (used by Tree Stand). Default key is '5'.
- Changed default key for toggling Run/Walk to 'Caps Lock' instead of 'E'. 'E' is now a general Use key (used to climb tower and exit tree stand).
- Inventory equipment lists may now be scrolled using the mouse wheel
- The "side pockets" in the inventory now act as two large 2x4 slots instead of eight 2x1 slots
- Improved Novint Falcon support (profile update needed)
- Added notification when enabling Freelook to avoid triggering it by mistake
- Added double hit message when hitting both targets at the trap shooting range
- Various terrain fixes
- New season with Leaderboard resets and updated Hall of Fame
- Personal Bests are now per Season
Please note that any custom key bindings will be reset due to key changes introduced in this update.